Trying to live a better simple live

Trying to live a better simple life the lazy programmer


Today will be a little different and will be quite helpful and interesting as always.

Note: I always try to be honest with my blog.


 

* Who is recommended to read this?

Anyone who is trying to live a better life, trying to get out of the box.

After reading this I am pretty sure your perspective on life will be a lot better.



Short Introduction about me:


"The lazy programmer" Oh...Hi, that's me. I am just another lazy guy who wants to play away the whole day. Watching TV, playing video games oh...I love it.

 

Besides being just a non-gifted normal Computer Programmer(still learning). I always wanted and dreamt of a more simple and better life. 

Dreaming and counting wishes and goals is fun and easy. But being practical is totally like another world.


I will share some of what I learned in my never-ending journey towards a better life.


 

 

 The Ultimate Freedom

 

It was one of my "Aha!" experiences, I was reading a book, and that one paragraph "Between Stimulus And Response" showered me the power of what I call "The ultimate freedom". 

After all "Freedom" is what we all seek, freedom of speech, financial freedom, freedom from negative thoughts, freedom of choice on how you want to live...


 

Allow me to explain briefly what exactly is "Between Stimulus and Response".


A story will best explain the above concept.

    Frankl, a psychiatrist and a Jew who was raised in the tradition of Freudian psychology. It means that his belief was "whatever happens to you as a child shapes your character and personality and basically sets a limit to your life and you can't do much about it".

 

Frankl was imprisoned in the death camps of Nazi Germany, where every day seems like his last day on earth. Never knowing from one movement to the next if his path would lead to the ovens or if he would be among the "saved" who would remove the bodies or shovel out the ashes of those so fated.


One day, naked and alone in a small room, he began to become aware of what he later called "the last of the human freedom" -- the freedom his Nazi could not take away. They could control his entire environment, they could do whatever they wanted to his body, but Victor Frankl himself was a self-aware being who could decide within himself how all of this was going to affect him.


Between what happened to him, or the stimulus and his response to it, was his freedom or power to choose that response.


In the midst of his experiences, Frankl would imagine or project himself into different circumstances, such as lecturing to his students after his release from the death camps.


Through a series of such disciplines -- mental, emotional, and moral, principally using memory and imagination -- he exercised his small, embryonic freedom until it grew larger and larger until he had more freedom than his Nazi captors.


He became an inspiration to those around him, even to some of the guards. He helped others find meaning in their suffering and dignity in their prison experience.





"BETWEEN STIMULUS AND RESPONSE, MAN HAS THE FREEDOM TO CHOOSE"


The above sentence opened the door to what I want to call "The Ultimate Freedom".

The above sentence also blames me for choosing to stay sad and depressed on all the hard times life throws.



Yes, we can't control the stimulus (what happens to us) but the response is in our choice.

The book I was talking about above is called "The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective People" by Stephen R. Covey. It is a "must-read" book and I highly recommend it to everyone.



You can easily get the book from here (I think it's on discount now) :

 



That's it for today. Stay tuned for more helpful content.


 

SUPPORT MeAndMyQwerty and contribute in sharing knowledge: 

__CLICK_HERE__



Suggest me some topic of your interest. I cover topics like cyber-security, tech stuff, personal development... etc

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post